We are looking to hire two people to work on our next game: a Game Designer and a Writer.
This is a chance to join the award winning games studio Gambrinous as we embark on our second game making adventure.
The ideal person for the Game Designer position would
- love creating engaging, elegant systems that are a joy to play, learn and master
- have a deep interest in board games and card games and what makes them tick
- be keen to apply board & card game mechanics to a digital game
- have a portfolio of previous games or prototypes they have built
- enjoy working in a small team where everyone's effort makes a big difference
The ideal person for the Writer position would
- be able to absolutely nail character and dialogue
- deliver branching interactive narrative with humour and charm
- have a knowledge and passion for 80s and 90s toys, games and pop culture
- have previous creative writing experience – not necessarily in gaming
- work autonomously to deadlines
- be happy to absorb ideas from all team members – we’re sharers
We are based in Dublin, Ireland but are also willing to talk about working remotely with the right person.
We're looking for someone to join us full time (or 4 days a week) for the game design position, while for the writing position we can be much more flexible.
Interested? Great! Drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us about yourself. We would also love to see some of your previous work and get an idea of your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is April 21st 2017.
Gambrinous is an independent game studio based in Dublin, Ireland. We make digital games inspired by the wonder of tabletop & board games. Our first title Guild of Dungeoneering was released for PC in July 2015 to much acclaim and has since seen two expansions and been ported to iOS & Android.